Last week the question was: What kind of mushroom is this?
This is an edible mushroom called a chanterelle. Lots of mushrooms have been popping up this fall because of the moist weather. Chanterelles seem to be most common in natural areas where it’s mycelium can grow undisturbed along with the roots of trees and shrubs. They are a favorite for chefs all over the world. Though this particular mushroom is edible, there are many that are extremely poisonous. Therefore, never eat a wild mushroom unless you are 110% sure you know what it is. Your safest bet is to stick to the grocery store.
Here is this week’s question: What is this and is it good or bad?