- AgFax Weekend: AR Dicamba Ban; Agrisure Corn Suit – $217.7Mln
- DTN Livestock Close: Cattle Temporarily Benefit From Late-Week Short-Covering
- Rice – Storm Brings Rain, Wind And Worries – AgFax
- Texas Rice: Learning More About the Rice Planthopper in Nicaragua
- Florida Peanuts: Is Rain Keeping You from Applying Gypsum?
- Rice Update: Market Pulls Back, Bullish Potential Remains
- Welch on Wheat: Early MY Exports Match USDA’s Pace
- Welch on Grain: Corn Exports, Ethanol Production Ahead of Average
- Texas Sorghum: Preparing for Sugarcane Aphids – High Plains Thresholds, Insecticides
- Texas Plains: Crops Look Mostly Good Despite Challenging Season
Category Archives: Vegetables
This past week cucurbit downy mildew was found in Charleston and Horry Counties. Downy mildew blows in from the south in the summer and is a very serious disease once it is established. Anyone growing cucurbit crops (cucumber, watermelon, squash, … Continue reading
Here are a few publications from Dr. Stanley Culpepper of UGA on weed control systems in vegetable crops. Dr. Culpepper presented this information at the SE Regional Fruit and Vegetable Growers Expo in Savannah last month. 2017 broccoli and cabbage … Continue reading
Now that some time has passed since the recent cold snap where we saw temperatures reach the teens, it’s pretty easy to see some of the damage our crops experienced. Nothing is too serious on our row crops, however, we had … Continue reading
There will be a vegetable production meeting at the SC Agribiz Expo in Florence this year. See the letter from Tony Melton below for details.
This time a year ago we were surveying damage from a flood. Now we have the threat of a hurricane bearing down on us. We are predicted to get several inches of rain Friday and Saturday. The Weather Underground App … Continue reading
Clemson Extension Plant Pathologist Tony Keinath prepared the following statement on powdery mildew on watermelon: Powdery mildew was found today (5/16) on seedless watermelon at the Coastal Research and Education Center in Charleston, SC. Symptoms of yellow and brown spots … Continue reading
PDF with working links: Late Blight Pot/Tom 2016
Here are some weed control programs put together by Stanley Culpepper of UGA. To view and download the PDF version, click here.