- AgFax Weekend: Market Winners, Losers | Robots Swarm on Weeds
- Mississippi Soybeans: Variety Suggestions for 2018
- Rice Update: Positive Market Signals Needed for New Crop Planting Decisions
- California Almonds: Is Winter Irrigation Needed?
- Cleveland on Cotton: What a Week! What a Roll!
- Rice Outlook: U.S. Season-Average Farm Price Forecasts Lowered for Both Classes
- Wheat Outlook: Record High World Production Forecast, U.S. Exports Down Slightly
- Cotton Outlook: Global Trade at 4-Year High
- Oil Crops Outlook: Disappointing U.S. Soybean Sales Lead To Lower Export Forecast
- Rose on Cotton: What’s Fueling this Market Run?
Category Archives: Weed Control
2,4-D (Enlist Duo) and dicamba (Xtendimax and Engenia) will be labeled for use this year in certain varieties of soybeans and cotton. Anyone planning to use these products needs to carefully read the labels and be prepared to follow them … Continue reading
Here are a few publications from Dr. Stanley Culpepper of UGA on weed control systems in vegetable crops. Dr. Culpepper presented this information at the SE Regional Fruit and Vegetable Growers Expo in Savannah last month. 2017 broccoli and cabbage … Continue reading
Anyone planning to apply dicamba or 2,4-D herbicides this coming growing season should plan to attend this meeting and learn about the restrictions and requirements for their use. Though these will be very useful tools, both of these chemicals present … Continue reading
I noticed something interesting this week. I was visiting a field in Dillon where Gordon Mikell with NRCS dug a soil pit last month (What Lies Beneath The Soil). Once Gordon was finished with the pit, it was filled in and … Continue reading
Prepared by Mike Marshall, Extension Weed Specialist, Clemson University Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybean varieties are now commercially available for planting in 2016. These soybeans offer over-the-top tolerance to both dicamba and glyphosate herbicides. However, as of the writing of … Continue reading
Download the PDF here.
The following statement has been prepared and released by Monsanto’s stewardship department. At this time, no dicamba formulation is registered for in-crop use in Bollgard II XtendFlex cotton or Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans. Monsanto has incorporated the following dicamba … Continue reading
Here are some weed control programs put together by Stanley Culpepper of UGA. To view and download the PDF version, click here.