- Sawyer On Crops: Did Satsumas Take A Hit From Frigid Temps? – Podcast
- Nebraska: Crop Management Conference, Kearney, Jan. 24-25
- Nebraska: 2018 Weed, Disease, and Insect Management Guide Available
- Illinois: Registration Open for 2018 Crop Management Conferences
- Nebraska Soybeans: Dicamba – NDA Accepts 3 new Herbicide Formulations for 2018 with Requirements
- Nebraska: Dicamba Applicator Training is Available Online and In-Person
- DTN Cotton Open: Slightly Lower, Trims Overnight Drop
- DTN Livestock Open: Moderate Early Market Strength
- DTN Grain Open: Warm Beans on a Cold Morning
- Cotton, Dairy: Policy Changes – A Bargain for the Government?
Tag Archives: 24d
Last week the question was: What happened to this pigweed? This pigweed is suffering from a dose of 2,4-D. This was in an Enlist cotton field. There are lots of growers taking advantage of new Enlist and Xtend technology this … Continue reading
Thursday afternoon was pretty breezy, so I pulled out the wind meter to get an idea for exactly what the wind speed was. The average as shown below was about 9.4 mph. At times the wind was gusting up to … Continue reading
With some of the new herbicide technology labeled for use this year, growers need to be paying more attention than ever to the wind in order to reduce drift. I would urge everyone that plans to apply auxin herbicides to invest … Continue reading
Anyone planning to use the new dicamba or 2,4-D products this year should consider attending this meeting. Representatives from the manufacturers will be sharing valuable guidelines and precautions that applicators should be aware of before using.
2,4-D (Enlist Duo) and dicamba (Xtendimax and Engenia) will be labeled for use this year in certain varieties of soybeans and cotton. Anyone planning to use these products needs to carefully read the labels and be prepared to follow them … Continue reading
Anyone planning to apply dicamba or 2,4-D herbicides this coming growing season should plan to attend this meeting and learn about the restrictions and requirements for their use. Though these will be very useful tools, both of these chemicals present … Continue reading
Here is an update from Dow (Nov. 30) on the EPA’s recent decision to delay the registration of 2,4-D for use in Cotton.